5 Keys To Choosing Marketing Training Or
A Marketing Course That Is Best For You
What are the 5 most important things to know and understand prior to starting a marketing training program? Today you can start a coaching business by taking a course or two. Often business coaches are providing marketing and advertising training without extensive experience in the field. The keys to choosing quality marketing training are very similar to choosing a good marketing coach. Here are the keys to choosing a marketing course and/or marketing training that is best for you:
Key #1: Industry Knowledge:
How much experience does the person have in real world, practical marketing and advertising? Do the course materials reflect real world solutions or just theory? Delivering real world marketing courses is our primary, first concern. Before you invest in marketing training ask what is the track record of the firm – do they have real world experience?
Key #2 High Quality Teaching Skills:
Can they teach the marketing course as well? What objective, measurable and repeatable results has the instruction resulted in previously? Doing the marketing training in a group setting and one-on-one takes similar but different skill sets. Can the individual run training groups so that each participant achieves the goals of the course? The instructor also needs to be able to work on-on-one in a friendly, warm and empathic manner yet hold the individual accountable for implementing what is taught. When choosing a training course it is important to make sure that the instructor can effectively teach on a group and/or individual basis depending upon your unique needs.
Key # 3 Commitment To Success:
The third item to consider when choosing a marketing course is whether or not you have a good working relationship with your instructor. As a consumer you need to know what the goals are. Any good marketer should be able to give you a clear concise answer to this question. There needs to be a high level of trust and a certain level of compatibility however I submit the following – it is more important that your marketing instructor is able teach you techniques that will help you achieve your goals than be your friend. Results for each unique client are the focus of the marketing program. Instructors need to make sure that students are held accountable and that marketing training pupils are getting a quality return on their marketing instruction dollar. Training should be done in a respectful, friendly manner and the goal of coaching should be to grow your business in a cost-effective manner.
Key # 4 Integrity:
Does the individual providing the marketing training “walk the walk”? It’s important that an instructor successfully uses the techniques they are teaching in their own business and if applicable with their clients. Make sure that your marketing instructor has a positive attitude, and implements the same plans that they provide in the marketing courses.
Key # 5 Guerrilla Marketing:
Guerrilla marketing courses will help you focus on what is profitable and then keep you focusing on the most profitable activities. Can the marketing training deliver guerrilla marketing training? Are they a certified trainer or so they just say they are – check their credentials…. Guerilla marketing is ideal for small and all business wants to make the most of their marketing budget allowing them to utilize energy, creativity, innovation, information and technology to gain the same or better results as firms that “carpet bomb” the market with expensive mass marketing strategies. This marketing technique helps you accelerate your growth cost-effectively.
- Click here if you would like to receive our FREE 30 minute telephone consultation with Al Garlick, the President of Accelerated Advertising.
“Al Garlick, who is the mastermind behind Accelerated Advertising, has joined the Guerrilla Marketing International family — which makes every member of the family very happy because Al is a pure guerrilla marketer when it comes to copy, design, and strategy. He is a winner in every way which makes us delighted because it means he’ll make a lot of other people out there into a winner as well.”
– Jay Conrad Levinson
The Father of Guerrilla Marketing
Author, “Guerrilla Marketing” series of books
Below is the skill sets and experience that Accelerated Advertising and our president, Al Garlick, have that help us to provide an exceptional value in coaching services for people who are looking for marketing coaching or sales coaching:
- Over 25 years of successful marketing and advertising experience
- Over 28 years’ experience in sales. Our president won top sales awards in three different marketing and advertising companies prior to opening his own firm.
- Al developed staff training programs for two colleges and did training workshops for two marketing/adverting firms – all were delivered in workshop settings.
- Al has won public speaking contest in North Carolina and New York, where he represented The NY Jaycee in a national competition.
- Al has provided one-on-one personal and career counseling, coaching and mentoring for two colleges and two advertising/marketing businesses. The marketing and sales coaching programs target increasing the reps personal sales and customer retention by teaching them how to sell from the customers’ point of view. By selling programs that cost-effectively achieve the customer’s goals the salespeople not only made more sales but also increased their renewal rates. The marketing training focused on understanding the client’s unique value proposition, communicating it effectively and then cost-effectively marketing to, selling and following up with prospects who value what the client has to offer.
- Accelerated Advertising has always been focused on achieving the highest return on investment for our clients. We focus on achieving the best returns and highest profits no matter if the activity is seen as a traditional one or not. We do not care if you marketing/advertising are on a Super Bowl ad or is “on a used napkin”. We do not care if the activity is seen as traditional or guerrilla marketing – we only care if it helps our client achieve their goals in the most cost-effective manner! Recently, Al Garlick (Pres. Accelerated Advertising) and Jay Levinson (Pres. Guerrilla Marketing International) met. After reviewing Al’s portfolio Jay said “You have been living guerrilla marketing “. Both organizations believe that small business must focus on profits and Al is now a master trainer and coach for Jay’s Guerrilla Marketing International providing guerrilla marketing coaching for individuals in group and one-on-one settings.
Located in Nanuet in Rockland County New York, Accelerated Advertsing services the Metro New York area as well as firms across the U.S.