Increase Profits From Current Customers
How to Increase Profits From Current Customers
Happy customers are the fastest, easiest and most profitable people to sell to. Every company should, and very few do, have a program for reselling current customers. When we speak to a prospect for the first time, they do not have much trust in us. However, by the time they buy, they believe that we are the best choice. A program designed to keep the relationship warm is one of the most profitable things a company can do. The most obvious thing to do is send a personalized thank you note. New customers should also be cultivated to buy more from you. Let’s say you are a contractor. If you sold the customer a deck and they are happy, what do you think the odds are that they would give you first shot at redoing their basement if you gently remind them that you do this? – Very high. What do you think the odds are if you do not remind them that you do basement remodeling too? – Very low. We can help you develop cost-effective customer retention, up-selling and cross-selling programs as well as programs to keep your value message in front of them in a positive manner.
Word of mouth has always been and always will be the most cost-effective lead generation tool for quality businesses with fair prices. The only problem with referrals is that they usually do not fill up the entire week…. Before we advise you to invest in other lead generation techniques, we will explore methods of getting more referrals.
Warm Market Marketing Plan
The warm market activities include cross-selling, up-selling current customers and gaining referrals from customers, business associates and friends and family. It is a market that many businesses and for that matter many marketing firms do not pay enough attention to. When people trust you – sales happen quicker. In the warm market trust has already been earned with your happy customers and it is transferred to you when you receive a referral. This is why warm market leads close 3-4 times quicker and easier and with less pressure on price than lead developed from other sources. This is why we help our clients develop a warm market marketing plan. If done correctly the profits from this activity can help you develop a war chest that will fund the additional marketing that will propel your business to the profit levels you desire.
If you are a small business, we distribute a quality line of greeting cards for businesses that you can buy, customize and send out from your computer and if you like you can buy them at wholesale rates through us!
The cards we carry are for the following topics:
Thank you, asking for referrals, asking for appointments, nice speaking/meeting with you, welcome (to new customers), invitations, motivational, holidays, sympathy, birthdays, as well specialty cards for a variety of businesses. Plus we can design a custom card to cover any topic you need ….
To try a few for free place the following code in the message box when you fill out the contact us form
If you have a large number of customers, we do highly personalized custom cards, postcards extremely creative direct mail designed to increase referrals and keep your warm market warm. You may want to take advantage of our free 30 minute consultation to discuss how to increase your profits from you existing customers.
- Click here if you would like to receive our FREE 30 minute telephone consultation with Al Garlick, the President of Accelerated Advertising.
16 Tips to Help Keep Business Relationships
Warm and Growing
The old saying that people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care should be your inspiration to building better relationships with your customers. We can assist you in maintaining and growing your relationships with current customers. We will discuss your needs and help you to develop several avenues to better customer relationships. Some of the ways that we can help you are by:
- developing newsletters deliverable traditionally and by e-mail
- mail or e-mail information to clients on additional ways you can help them
- Direct mail. Post cards and e-mail programs to cross sell
- seasonal cards, letters and mailings
- holiday cards
- call occasionally to say hello – be a friend ask how you can help them
- meet for coffee to discover how you can help refer business to them
- introduce them to one of your contacts that might be a good source of referrals for both parties
- send them premiums
- drop by with a gift of food – a pie, some candy – make sure it is quality
- bring them as a guest to another organization, club or country club that might benefit them.
- Display their brochure in you place of business
- Have some fun together – go to a concert, bring spouses to dinner, golf, go to sporting event, have a drink after work – get to know one another personally
- Include their flyer in your mailings or mention them in a newsletter
- Be real – people know when you are being authentic or phony…
- Ask for their opinion – if you are having a business challenge that they might help with ask for their opinion or if you post a blog ask if they have any input… most people will be thrilled that you asked for their advice or opinion.