Become a Hurricane Sandy Supporter by pledging to donate 5% of your net profits form December to charities that are helping the victims of Sandy. Give the victims of Sandy the gift of hope for the Holidays. Agree to donate 5% of December’s net profits and then download the icon, post it on your website, print it and place it near your cash registers and on your doors or windows. How did “The Greatest Generation” win World War II? The nation mobilized and everyone did their share. It is time to step up and be counted!
To download the Icon
- Left click on the icon (it will open in a new window)
- Right click on the new image
- Choose – Save Image As option
- Save icon in the file you like
Here is a list of Hurricane Sandy charities
that have received an A or B ratings form the American Institute of Philanthropy’s website:
Note: Links will open in a new window
- American Jewish World Service (A)
- American Red Cross (A)
- Bowery Residents’ Committee (B+)
- Brother’s Brother Foundation (B)
- CARE (A+)
- Catholic Relief Services (A+)
- Church World Service (B+)
- Food Bank for New York City (A)
- Habitat for Humanity International (B+)
- National Urban League (A)
- Operation USA (A-)
- Oxfam-America (A-)
- Salvation Army (A)
- World Concern, a program of Crista Ministries (A-)
- World Vision (B+)
Top-rated hurricane Sandy charities perform favorably in relation to CharityWatch benchmarks:
1) A charity should spend at least 75% of its budget on program services.
2) Charities should spend no more than $25 to raise $100.
In Rockland County People to People does a great job of getting food and aid into the hands of people that need it most.
Additionally, there are many religious organizations that are on the ground delivering food, clothing and comfort. You may want to check with your religious leaders too….